One Lovely Blog Award and 7 extra random things about Piggyeatalot
Hi peeps 🙂 I am surprised and a little touched to learn that lovely Kelly from Kelly Siew Cooks has nominated me for the “One Lovely Blog” award 😀 Thank you so much!
I think it’s a lovely way to encourage people to keep writing, and I for one got really motivated to write regularly after being nominated- so keep an eye on my blog 🙂
So, instructions for this award:
- Link back to the blogger who nominated you.
- Paste the award image on your blog, anywhere.
- Tell them 7 facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other blogs you like for this award. (u don’t have to put in a reason but I wanted to put one anyway)
- Post a comment on each of your nominees’ blogs telling them about the nomination.
Here’s my list of current favourite blogs:
- Sam @ The Chommery – Sam just seemed to review food places I’ve never been before and made me really hungry. I think I have a growing urbanspoon wish list because of him
- Jeroxie @ Jeroxie is Addictive and Consuming– OMG she is the one whose online recipe taught me how to make this AWESOME stout braised ox cheeks
- Joyce @ Melb Hot or Not – what can I say? It IS the decisive guide to Melbourne!
- Lianne @ Food Made with Love– Although I don’t know Lianne, from her twitter and blog posts she is the loveliest girl I’ve ever known, always so positive and smiley!
- Ha @ No Butter – she has the best Vietnamese food porn ever given she grows and makes her food from scratch. I hope she does a lot more posts soon 🙂
- Bundle Me Up– food, travel and animals… what’s not to love about her blog?
- Ms I-Hua @ The Chronicles of Ms I-Hua– her awesome posts and food porn also keeps making my urbanspoon wish list longer and longer
- SJ @ Ess Jay Eats– any foodie should know SJ- not only is she passionate about food, has an awesome food blog, she also brought many a foodie yumgasmic experiences via Fringe Food Fest
- Cindy & Michael @ Where’s the Beef?– they are definitely my guide when vego friends ask me where to eat
- Paul @ Paul’s Travel Pics– he is the GOD of JAPAN for me. His food porn and detailed itinerary to Japan helped me a lot in my research to Japan. You can also just follow his itinerary so you don’t even have to think.
- e*Ting @ E*ting the World– Travelling to HK? DO NOT MISS her e*ting HK List!
- RiTTieRaBBiT @RiTTieRaBBiT– really cute food porn!
- Tara @ VegeTARAian– always gives me good vego cooking ideas
- The Man in Seat 61 @ The Man in Seat 61– I think that’s a blog? Nonetheless he gives REALLY good info on how to travel via train to everywhere- how to get tickets, links to train time tables etc. Really helped me plan my Europe and Japan trip
- Natalie @ Let me Feed You– another lovely and well written blog! Plus she is going to San Fransisco now and I am going to San Fransisco soon so I will be keeping an eye out on her blog for foodie recommendation
PHEW, now that’s over I gotta tell you 7 random things about myself. This is always hard cos I don’t like giving too much away but here we go:
- I was born in Sydney, raise in Hong Kong, did high school and uni in Brisbane and now living in Melbourne. That’s why I don’t like people asking me where I come from, cos I don’t actually know how to answer
- When I was younger I was a bit flighty. I like to learn stuff but was never good at anything. I was too fat to do ballet, too unco to do taekwando, can’t sing to save my life in the choir, too short to play volleyball, tried to run in the athletics team, failed my piano exams, took 5 lessons playing Double Bass, swam too leisurely to train in a swim squad… LOL
- Instruments I still want to learn: how to play the harp and the saxophone
- My dream job would be a travelling food writer or even better, Maeve O’Meara’s job. Nonetheless I am content with earning enough money to travel often and for that I feel very blessed
- My best friends- other than Hubby, my best friends are Japanese chick, Monkylicious and Froggy. I go a long way with Japanese chick, having to know her from Grade One. We have so much up and downs but we truly reconnected this time I went back to HK. Monkylicious is my first friend in Brisbane, I love her so much for reaching out to me and now she is my food buddy. Froggy I knew from Monkylicious and she makes me a bit more grounded somehow 🙂
- I love doggies! But unfortunately hubby won’t let me get one. So I dog sit for one of my friend. Here’s a pic of her cute doggie ^^
- Mmmmm the last one… I love travelling and according to Trip Advisor I’ve been to 70 cities. Still, there are so many places I’ve never been! Although I’ve been to a few countries in Asia, North America, Africa and Antarctica, I haven’t even visit South America and Antarctica! My goal in the next 3 years is to visit the South America, then hopefully, in the next 5 yrs, to Antarctica!
P.S. I also just got nominated for theVersatile Blogger and Sunshine Award by Lianne from Food Made with Love 😀 Thank you so much Lianne!